Watch the video "Sketcho Frenzy" on the right to learn the basics of visual note-takiing.
Plan to use an iPad or tablet to sketchnote? Sylvia Duckworth has a great Sketchnoting for Beginners presentation.
Langwitches writer Sylvia Rosenthal Tolisano -- 10 Tips to Get Started with Sketchnoting Workshop
- Remembering that you don’t have to be an artist to use sketchnoting as note taking or to make your thinking visible
- Skethnoting is about ideas, connections, thinking, about the process , visualizing and organizing your thinking
- What can be sketchnoted? Books, TED Talks, Lectures, Articles, Brainstorming sessions, Presentations, Birthday Cards or blog posts
- Different types of structures: linear, columns, freehand, timelines
- Elements: connections, icons & bullets, containers, typography, people & objects
- Listening Tips
- Practice objects, increase your visual gallery
- Sketchnoting for: process ideation, note taking, mindmapping, reflection
- Share: Although sketchnotes are supposed to make primarily sense to you alone, sharing them via social media allows others to learn from your perspective and your visible thinking