Don't let the first glance at the site through you off however....
1. Choose the age of the reader (you will choose one age at first, but can add more later).
2. Pick favorite subjects (this connects with the types of books that are shown).
3. You may be prompted to pick a few more.
4. Create the account (there is an option to sign in with Google Classroom)
5. Fill in school and personal information
6. Start reading or listening (their are books that are read to you).
The teacher dashboard offers the ability to add students and monitor their usage/reading. Adding students for Google Classroom users is just a few clicks away with the "import Google Classroom" option. Teachers can also create quizzes and assignments.